Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I've been tagged ...

Beth tagged me with a getting to know you game.  Here's the easy part - answering Beth's 11 questions.  The harder bit is tagging 11 other bloggers, with my own set of 11 questions - that part might have to wait for another day!

1) Ice Cream, cake or cookies - which do you like best and why?
Cake (the richer and creamier the better)  - though if chocolate is an ingredient in any of the above, I'll give them a go!

2) When you stitch, do you sit at a table or on a recliner, or just where?
I usually sit in my recliner, with my faithful stiching companion (Miss Maddie, my 13 yr old Maltese) on the footstool of the recliner.  But I have been known to stitch in other places - like waiting rooms, buses, the passenger seat in the car, a camp chair, on planes.

3) Do you like to travel and if so by car, bus, train or plane?
Yes - all of the above, but most often by car, towing a campervan.  I love touring through the country and have travelled over most of Australia over the years.  I've also done some travelling in planes (to Britain, Europe, USA, Asia, New Zealand) - loved the countries but hated the long plane trips!  I quite like travelling by buses - you get all the sights without any of the responsibility.

4) Where would you like to visit the most?
Good question.  Canada and Alaska are high on my list - also Egypt and Antarctica.

5) If you have children, do they do any crafts and which ones?
No children - but I do have a 12 yr old friend who comes to stitch with me often, and I have spent many hours over the years painting,  beading and stitching with my nieces.

6) What is your most favorite memory from childhood?
Christmas.  I am the eldest of 6 children with just 9 years between oldest and youngest, and we all shared a bedroom (unheard of in this day and age, but I grew up in the 1950s and things were different then - and it was a huge bedroom!).  As I remember it, our bed-time was an early one - probably 7pm or so, certainly it was still light outside in summer (and Christmas comes in summer here).  I have lovely memories of us all lying in our beds on Christmas Eve singing Christmas carols and relishing the anticipation of Christmas morning, until we eventually drifted off to sleep.  Then in the morning we'd be up at first light to rush into the lounge-room and each find our pile of Christmas gifts, which were opened all together and before any thought of breakfast.  Pandemonium and total disorganisation - but so much fun!

7) Do you have a dream goal? Either in stitching or in life?
I'd love to say 'yes' to this one.  But really, I just take things as they come and roll with the punches. 

8) Do you have a group of friends that you stitch with and if so, how often?
No.  I often think it would be nice.

9) Do you like music, and if so what is your favorite kind / musician?
I love music, but I never really moved on from rock'n'roll.  I'm an Elvis fan (still!), but I also love Adele, Diana Krall, Michael Buble, country and western, and Irish music.

10) What is your favorite color, and do you wear it often?
Green - but I have only one green shirt, which I usually wear only on Paddy's Day.  I'm more likely to wear navy blue or black.

11) What is your favorite season and why?
Spring - because that's when the wattle trees flower, and the Australian country road-side is a mass of yellow wattle flowers, often on self-sown trees.  Truly beautiful to see.

No comments: