Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Introducing Angela Roselea

 Angela is my Maltese Terrier puppy,  13 weeks old, who joined my family 9 days ago.  She is a gorgeous ball of fluff, weighing in at 2 kg (just over 4 lb).  She is a delight, and such a quick learner.



And more good news - my Christmas "Welcome' is home from the framer.  I am very happy with how it has come up, but not very happy with the quality of this pic.  The framed piece is not dull and lifeless like this pic - it is quite vibrant and sparkly.

I hope to be back early next week with a pic of my current project, which is almost finished now.  It is a wedding sampler for my niece Ciara. Not the type of design I would have chosen for a wedding sampler, but as it was chosen by the bride, I am hopeful she will like it.  Beautiful Wedding Birds. In all my years of cross stitching, this is the only project I have stitched which has taken four skeins of DMC 310.  Apart from the black, there are only two other colours on the design - red and white.  I replaced the charted DMC 666 with DMC 816 and 321 (randomly, separately and in combination).  I didn't like the shape of the hearts as charted (they were much squarer than the those in the pic) so I rounded them off, and also back-stitched them.  I'm stitching it on a hand-dyed grey Rustico Aida 18 count.

5 comments:

sharine said...

She is adorable!

stitchersanon said...

Gorgeous stitching and totally gorgeous pup!

Anne said...

Angela is very cute! :) lucky you! Welcome design is very pretty! I know what you mean about photos, as 'in person' is much nicer for most cross stitch! :)

Julie said...

Aww what a sweetheart she is.

Ruth said...

Welcome Angela -- you be nice for mommy and help her stitch, ok?

Congrats on the new addition to the family and the lovely finish--- but you are a really baaaaad stitcher. I followed your love birds link and dang it now there's like 3 more patterns I want!!! That is so not air.