This month I have started Secret Santa, a Dimensions Gold Collection Petite kit. My niece bought it to stitch, but a new baby (her first) has left her with little time for stitching, so she passed the kit on to me. I will stitch it and return it to her. It's actually my first ever kit, in 30 odd years of pretty obsessive cross stitching. I can't say I'm impressed. The fabric that came with it was Aida 18, a cut piece so neat that left no room for mounting on my lap-frame. I didn't fancy stitching the design on Aida anyway, so I substituted 25 count evenweave. The larger count size meant more floss used per stitch, and that combined with my wasteful floss practice of discarding any unused portion of floss each time I thread my needle with a different floss shade meant that I quickly ran out of many of the floss shades. Fortunately I found a Dimensions to DMC conversion chart on line, and I have so far replaced 13 of the floss shades - and I'm not even half-way through the design yet.. My other major issue with this kit was the coloured chart - I found it difficult to read initially(particularly the green symbols) but I have adjusted to it over time.
Enough whining - here's a pic. I'm almost half way through the chart (commenced on 17th February 2015), and I have done some of the backstitching as I went.
Since the last WIPocalypse report, I have also made up the ornaments I stitched for James, Alex, Chloe, and Dylan in January. And I have stitched and made up an ornament for Ruaidri & Edin.
I also stitched a baby's First Christmas ornament for a new addition to the extended family, expected to arrive in New York this month. I can't make this one up until baby arrives and is named.