Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness - July post

Here we are again - it's time for the Gifted Gorgeousness Report, once again.  This month I finally started working again on my HAED Christmas Dreams (chart, fabric & most of the floss bought with gifted money), I made five Christmas ornaments to give as Christmas gifts, and I got my crochet hook out again, to make two beanies for a friend's birthday, and another poncho and hat for my great-niece.

Christmas dreams had been relegated to the craft room since the end of April following a death in the family.  I moved it back downstairs to my stitching chair in early July, and I am very happy to say that I have now completed my eighth page, and hope to have the ninth one finished by the end of July.  Here's where I was in April:

And now:
Big excitement - Santa's ear has appeared!

My ornaments:
Fronts

Backs


Crocheted poncho and hat (modelled by Annabelle):

And my crochet beanies:



So, a very mixed bag this month! 

9 comments:

Renee said...

Fantastic progress on your cross-stitch. Your projects are all so wonderful. I am so very sorry for your loss. (((Hugs)))

Christine said...

Great progress on the cross stitch. Lovely crochet too

Dani - tkdchick said...

Christmas Dreams is looking fantastic!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. You stitched an ear! Congratulations on the page finish too.
You'll certainly find it easy to join in with GG with such a lovely recipient for your crocheted pieces.

jocondine said...

Crochet looks great, I can now take you as an example as a baby granddaughter is here since June. Should try to get out my hook? and make some hat too. Good news for Christmas's father ear that means you can already whisper some wishes to him. xxx

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely progress on Santa. It's always exciting when you get to a major feature. Your crochet is lovely too

Justine said...

You have been busy! Annabelle is so gorgeous, and looks very chic in the hat and poncho you made for her.

Mini said...

Great progress on Christmas dreams. Lovely hats for Anabelle and the ornaments.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Very beautiful