Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, October 20, 2017

Finishes and then more finishes ... and a very late GG report


It's been a while since I have posted. I won't bore you with the details; suffice to say that I am not happy all with my body, various areas of which seem to be taking turns to go on strike. The latest issue, however, was a broken arm, for which I can blame no-one but myself.  I came upstairs with my hands full of empty coffee mugs and assorted debris, stopped to look at something in the dining room, stepped back to get a better perspective, unknowingly stepping right into the dog's (empty) dish, lost my balance, and the next thing I knew I was in a heap on the floor, with a very odd looking arm.  It's been sorted now, and I have graduated to a removable splint.  I now have the use of my fingers, which has allowed me to finish up the 20+ stitched Christmas ornaments that were sitting in my work basket (all destined to be Christmas gifts).

So, here are my finished ornaments.


The angel design is from Graphworks #16, Mini Motif Designs for Christmas Vol III, 1983
The Santa design is from BH&G's 101 Chrstmas Cross Stitch Designs, 1999


The snowpeople designs are from BH&G's 101 Christmas Designs, 1999


Adapted from BH&G's Treasury of Christmas Cross Stitch, 2003


 Santa is a Sam Hawkins design
The border is adapted from Give Love for Christmas ornament in JCS Christmas Ornament Issue 2015


Teddy is adapted from a DMC on-line freebie


JOY, the trees, and some of the small backstitched designs are adapted from BH&G's on-line heart freebie;
the angels are adapted from a Pat Waters design, A Christmas Collection, 1986;
The 'Memories' verse is from a design in 2015 JCS Annual Ornament Issue
u

Santa is from BH&G's Christmas Cross Stitch Designs, 1999


The stocking is (rather heavily) adapted from a stocking design in LA's Christmas Caboodle #4, 1986


JOY, the trees, and some of the small backstitched designs are adapted from BH&G's on-line heart freebie


Adapted (very heavily) from The Drawn Thread's First Snow on-line freebie


JOY and the trees are adapted from BH&G's on-line heart freebie


Dale Burdett's teddy (with minor changes) from A Mini Christmas, 1990


Adapted from TIAG's Amish Angel (1986 on-line freebie)


Teddy is adapted from a DMC on-line freebie

And now my 'finishing frenzy' is over. And most of the items on my stitching 'to do' list are completed  Just 5 or 6 more ornaments, and my stitching work for 2017 will be done.  I didn't get as much of Christmas Dreams stitched as I had hoped ... hardly a surprise to me!

9 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you're recovering and felt up to finishing all the ornaments, what a terrible fall. It does sound an awful lot like something I would do as well.... take care of you!

Kerryp77 said...

Glad you're recovering from the fall. The ornaments are gorgeous. I love the beaded hangers for them.

Mary said...

Happy to hear your recovering and able to sew again. What great finishing!! I'm drawn to the 2 on the blue fabric. Such lovely work and the beading is a great addition.

FlashinScissors said...

So sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you are improving rapidly!
Beautiful stitching Elfie!
I love your beadwork too ..... something I’m always meaning to do (the beads are in my drawers) ..... but never get round to. Not quite sure how to secure them. One day I might have a go!
I especially like those Christmas stockings and the purple angel for Amelia.
Barbara x

RJ said...

Elfie it is so nice to see you blogging again. So sorry about your fall but happy to hear you are recovering. I love all of your pretty ornaments. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Julie said...

Poor you, I hope you have not been in too much pain.
Great selection of ornaments you have made to give away....lucky people who will be getting those.

Mini said...

Sorry to hear about your fall . I'm amazed you finished so many ornaments despite a hurting arm.
All ornaments are beautiful and yay for completing the list. May be this will give you time for HAED now.

Sheryl said...

Oh goodness, what an awful fall, I do hope you are now well on the mend. Your ornaments are very pretty and I especially like the beaded tags.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG last month with more lovely ornies. You did so much despite your broken arm! Hope it is recovering well now.