Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, December 14, 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for December

Well, here we are - the final GG report for 2018. This year has slipped  by way too quickly for my liking. I am hoping that 2019 will proceed at a gentler pace (and also require fewer medical interventions). If you're not familiar with the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL, you can check it out on Jo's blog.

I had thought that all my gift stitching was finished, but when I found stitching on my floor frame was too uncomfortable, and I had to return my HAED Christmas Dreams to the UFO basket until I have healed from my radiation treatment, I decided to stitch some extra Christmas gifts. Earlier in the year I stitched a dinosaur name sampler for a great-nephew, and I was quite taken with the dinosaur alphabet, designed by Clare Crompton.  So I decided to stitch name samplers for three young honorary nephews (two brothers and their first cousin). To keep the cost down I decided the samplers would need to fit into purchased frames. Here are the stitched (not yet laundered) samplers I stitched, which fit matted 23cm x 18cm (9" x 7") purchased frames:




It's hard to believe given the colour variation in the pictures  but they are all stitched over 2 on a solid colour very pale blue 28 count fabric. 

And here are the framed name samplers. The photos have some reflections unfortunately. I wasn't able to get any clearer photos.






I have enjoyed taking part in GG this year, and watching progress of all the lovely gift-related stitching. I wish you all a happy Christmas.


7 comments:

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I like your name samplers. These will be beautiful gifts.
Happy Christmas to you.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The link up post is now up.
This is a great alphabet and makes a good sampler. Unusual names too, Finley is quite popular here for people with Scottish connections but I've not heard the other two before.

Pamela said...

These are great! What wonderful gifts.

Rachel said...

They're all lovely, and such personal gifts, like most of the things you stitch in fact! :)

Julie said...

Beautiful gifts you have stitched and framed.

Ariadne said...

Your dino samplers look so nice. AriadnefromGreece!

rosey175 said...

That's such a fun alphabet for little things like this. And they look awesome framed! Lovely GG post from you. :)