Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness March report

This year is just whipping by.  Already it is time for the third Gifted Gorgeousness report of 2019. Jo at Serendipitous Stitching hosts the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.

I have finished up the designs I stitched in February - 20 in all. They will all be gifted at Christmas. Here they are all together.



The bead decorated trees are still my favourites.


This TIAG Angel is my next favourite. I stitched it for a dear friend.


I love stitching Santas. Most of these are Barbara Mock designs, except for Angus's Santa which was designed by Patrice Boerens; the Santa face which was in BH&G's Treasury of Christmas Cross Stitch Designs; and the Santa with list, which I found in the 1991 JCS Special Ornament Issue.










I stitched this Barbara Mock tree for a favourite aunt. I changed the hearts to make the shape smoother, and added a few beads.


These little stockings amd the small angel are for neighbouring children.




I have stitched, but not yet finished up, another 8 ornament designs. Two beaded wreath designs for the children of my oldest niece. 




A Barbara Mock gingerbread design for a young great-niece.


A  Christmas tree adapted from a Pat Waters design (Country Crafts leaflet #109, A Christmas Collection) for a nephew and his partner, who really aren't fussed on Christmas decorations, but love the colour blue.


A personalised Christmas tree for a nephew and his family, adapted from a Dale Burdett design.



A personalised Christmas tree for a niece and her family. It's adapted from a Barbara Mock design, in Dimension's Christmas Quickies II.



A heart design for another niece, adapted from a design in Need'l Love Company's Hollyberry Noel leaflet. 



 Finally, another bead decorated Christmas tree to add to the gift basket for Christmas visitors.


And that brings me to the end of my March GG report. I'm looking forward to popping in to see all the other GG stitching progress this month.











10 comments:

Babs said...

Lovely gifts :)

Julie said...

You've been very busy, they are all so lovely.

Rachel said...

Wow, you have been a busy bunny this month, haven't you! So many gorgeous gifts for your family, friends and visitors. As well as the beaded trees, I now love the beaded Christmas wreath. :)

Elfie said...

Rachel, last Christmas my 7 yr old greatniece thanked me nicely for the ornament I had stitched for her then said "My favourite is the (beaded) tree you gave me last year - this one is nice, but the tree is so pretty", so I decided to make her a pretty heart-shaped beaded wreath for this year and one for her brother. I was very happy with how they turned out.

Christine said...

They are all gorgeous

Sheryl said...

What a lot of stitching acheived this month, lovely designs. My favourites are the beaded trees, so pretty and will make very welcome gifts.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I also love your beaded trees and the beaded wreaths are a great addition to the series!
You make so many wonderful gifts each month.

Ariadne said...

How great to have finished your Christmas gifts already!AriadnefromGreece!

rosey175 said...

I'm always overwhelmed at your stitching! I really love the beaded pieces, both the trees and now the wreaths! I like the little garland on Eden's angel too.

Astrids dragon said...

Your friends and family are so blessed to receive these, I'm sure they'll treasure them always! And there's too many that I like to even pick a favourite one!