Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness Report, June

 It's been a slow stitching month again, and once again I was surprised to see the date on the calendar.  15th June has three significances for me this year, some better than others.  My partner is off for another brain MRI looking for more metastatic cancers; it's my sister Gayle's birthday; and it's time for the monthly Gifted Gorgeousness report hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching .



It's a short GG report from me, though I did make up all the ornaments work basket at the end of May. The photos are in my last blog post. In June I have stitched and made up three little Santa Christmas ornaments.  The designer is Donna Vermillion Giampa, who designed the most gorgeous Santa faces. I love stitching her Santas, and I have stitched many over the years, all larger than this little set, but the chart for this set made it very hard work. The chart was printed in colour (not my favourite), with lots of duplicated symbols on slightly varying colours, and there were 37 floss colours, if you don't count the Kreinik charted. 



I have kitted up yet another 12 Days of Christmas set, and am about to start Day 1. I didn't intend to stitch another set, but when I saw Shannon Christine's beautiful 12 Day set I just couldn't stop myself from joining the SAL  particularly when I was offered the charts as a birthday gift. I've decided to stitch it on a pale blue fabric, which I already have in my work basket, left over from my last 12 Day set. I am excited to start this set. The floss colours are so pretty.



5 comments:

Sandy said...

Best of luck to your partner. I hope all goes well. Love the old timey Santa's...such nice details and colors. They look great. Popped in from Gifted Gorgeousness.
Sandy's Space

Sandy said...

oophs...still had Gifted Gorgeousness on my clipboard, sorry about that.
Sandy's Space Here's the right link.

DJ said...

Oh goodness, your Santas are wonderful! Her designs are truly amazing, she was a gifted designer...but true, sometimes her patterns are hard to follow! I'll be keeping your partner in prayer, scary stuff I'm sure...and Happy Birthday to your sister! I joined the Shannon Christine SAL too!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Those Santa ornaments are amazing! I love all the details. I can see why she used 37 different colours too.
I couldn't resist the Shannon Christine 12 Days either! I'm thinking black fabric having seen someone else using it in the FB group.

jocondine said...

Those Santas patterns are amazing, such nice designs. Send you a lot of warm wishes. xxx