Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas visits

This is the landing at the top of the stairs - the bedroom level. This year I hung my Santa ornaments and a few other special ornaments on the linen press door, and it really brightened up the area! The large Santa on the table is one of my favorites (I seem to have lots of favourites!) - he came home with us from a trip to USA in 1994. The Santa mask on the wall is another one I particularly like. He was a birthday gift around 10 yrs ago.

I am so enjoying the month of December! I always feel good when I have my Santas and Angels around me, and quite frankly, it's the only time of the year that I seem to be social. Already this year I have had so many visitors! I feel very honoured. Earlier this week I had a lovely visit from a friend I first met in the mid 1960s when we both trained as nurses at a local hospital. Trish later moved to New Zealand and we lost touch for a while, but now she is living half an hour drive from me. She brought her adult daughter (a Kiwi) with her. It was so nice to catch up with Trish and Sara. We had a lovely lunch and lots of chatting.

A frequent visitor is my sister Wendy, who told me of a recent funny experience. She was walking through a local antique centre and noticed something familiar. On closer inspection she realised that it was a framed Christmas cross stitched piece that she had stitched in 2003 as a gift for a friend. She does very little cross stitch, so it was memorable. She bought the cross stitched piece from the antique dealer, and now it is hanging in her home as part of her Christmas decor.

I'm expecting more visitors tomorrow - a group of 4 including 9 yr old twin sisters in the afternoon, and a larger group of friends for a casual BBQ dinner in the evening.


1 comment:

Annie Bee said...

Your santa's are just gorgeous. That Santa mask is stunning. What an unusual story from your sister.