Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Home again ...

We're just back from a 17 day trip in the van.  We travelled up the coast to Byron Bay, stopping at Woolgoolga on the way up, and Yamba and Laurieton on the way home.  They're all coastal towns in my home state.  In all, we travelled around 1400 km.  It was a very relaxing holiday. We were so lucky with the weather - we had lovely warm to hot sunny days and cool nights, but no rain.  Each of the towns we went to had severe storms and loads of rain in the few days before we arrived, and our home town also had severe storms while we were away.  We picked our trip time well!  We had company on this trip.  Our friend Merre and her Toy Poodle puppy Bella came along in their van.  Bella is 4 months old, and took to camping like a natural. Here's Bella:



and just to be fair, here's Maddie sleeping on a cushion in the van.  Maddie is still really not convinced we needed another dog on the trip, but she was reasonably tolerant of whirlwind Bella.



I managed to stitch a little in the van - four Christmas ornaments stitched but not yet finished up.  The first one is adapted from Dale Burdett's 1990 booklet "A  Mini Christmas" DB#132 (I added some extra space between the branches, and changed all the floss colours).  The other design is from Sam Hawkins "50 Santas to Cross Stitch" book (1993) ASN #3616.

That's all from me now - I'll be in the laundry for the forseeable future trying to reduce the mound of dirty clothes and linen - yuk!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Two cute puppies, and some great stitching! Glad you had fun on your holiday - we are leaving for ours Saturday!