Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Two little angels

These angels are Christmas gifts for two little Irish-Aussies girls.

I'm almost at the end of my stitching list for 2012.  Just two more ornaments to go, and my list is done.  So, it's a good time to add four more projects - Christmas ornaments for three little sisters, and a wedding sampler for my niece Aislinn [Ashlin]and her fiance Ben.  I consulted with Ais and she selected a lovely Sampler by Rosewood Manor - the Baltimore Rose Wedding Sampler.  I've ordered it and it should be in my letterbox sometime in the coming week.  She wants the verse border omitted, and I may change the flower colours to those of her wedding.  My framer says if I get it to him by early December he'll frame it before the Christmas break, so that's the target.  Ais & Ben are getting married in the second week in January, and I would like to have it framed for then.  If I'd known they were planning to marry so soon I would have got an earlier start on this, but they just announced their engagement, and the wedding is planned for the tenth anniversary of when they started going out together.  They are such a lovely couple, it will be a pleasure to stitch a memento of their wedding for them.

No comments: