Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Monday, January 15, 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for January

It's been a busy start to the New Year for me, with lots of  physiotherapy, doctor visits and tests. I head off to hospital at the end of January for a knee replacement, with the second one to follow as soon as I recover. This is my first post for 2018, but I have been stitching whenever I can.

Once more, all my planned stitching for this year will qualify for the Gifted Gorgeousness report run by Jo at Serendepitous Stitching. Everything on my stitching list is destined to be gifted - mostly as Christmas gifts. The only exception is my HAED WIP Christmas Dreams, which is definitely being stitched just for me.  It qualifies for the GG Report on the basis that the chart, fabric, and most of the floss was purchased with birthday and Christmas gift cards or cash. I do hope to stitch on it at some stage this year. This will be my third year on this WIP, and I have finished just 19 of the 66 chart pages.

So far this year I have stitched, but not yet finished up, 12 Christmas ornaments. My plan is to finish these designs into Christmas ornaments in the next 2 weeks, but this is what they look like now.


These four are for the 4-legged members of my extended family.  I used Alma Lynne's Santa Hat alphabet (A-Z Christmas Alphabets & Borders) for three of the designs, and for the other one my old favourite the (heavily adapted) Christmas stocking from LA's Christmas Caboodle #4 booklet.


Santa is a Barbara Mock design from Dimensions #175 Christmas Quickies. I did change most of the floss colours, using what I had in my work-basket. These two ornaments are for 3 yr old great niece and nephew (first cousins).

This one is for an angel-loving friend. It is heavily adapted from the angel design in the Folk Art Nativity feature in the US Christmas Cross Stitcher magazine, 2003.

This set is adapted from LA's Christmas Stocking design in LA's Christmas Caboodle leaflet. The little teddy is adapted from the Teddy Merry Christmas design in Graphworks Mini Motif Designs Christmas Vol 8. These ornaments are for our babies who will celebrate their second Christmases in 2018 (all first cousins).


This angel is very heavily adapted from TIAG's 1986 Amish Angel on-line freebie, and is for a 7 yr old great-niece.

No designer to credit for this one - it's one of my beaded trees. This is for a young girl I expect to be a Christmas visitor this year. This is the first ornament I have made for Molly.

That brings me to the end of my GG report. I am pleased to be part of this group again this year. I may not be able to report every month, but I will be hopping in and out to check everyone's progress reports.

10 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

What wonderful little charts, excellent work and planning for Xmas already!

Elfie said...

Always planning for Christmas!

Debbie said...

Wow...you have been busy. x

Ariadne said...

Wow so many little charts,nicely made.AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. You've made a fantastic start on the ornies already!
Lucky Molly getting one of your beaded trees too. They are my favourites out of all your ornies.

Julie said...

Lots of lovely stitching so far this month.
Get well wishes to you, I hope you are not in too much pain as you recover.

Terri said...

Beautiful stitching! Good luck with your physio and surgery!!

rosey175 said...

Great start on all the Christmas stitching! As many as you make it's best to start in January haha. And those little beaded trees are my favorites too!

jocondine said...

Great GG post, thanks for sharing all your charts. Lovely angel for Chloé! xxx

Cathy said...

I love all your stitching, but then I stitch Christmas all year round, too, among other things. I've had both of my knees replaced, the first in 8/2009 and the second in 3/2010. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you. (engrcath at aol.com