Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, January 25, 2018

My first Smalls Report for 2018

How did this happen - one month of 2018 almost finished.  I 'm not happy with the speed at which the days are racing by.  In just 4 days I will be heading for hospital for a knee replacement operation. I'm getting very nervous as the day approaches.

I have been stitching Christmas ornaments this month. Thirteen stitched and finished up, all destined to be gifts for Christmas 2018.


This one is for a favourite aunt.
It grew as I stitched, so no designer to credit for this one.

This tree also just grew as I stitched. It is for a very special teenager with special needs.



This group of ornaments are for the four-legged members if our extended family. The stocking design is adapted from LA's Christmas Caboodle #4 leaflet, and the Santa hat initials are adapted from Alma Lynne's Christmas Alphabets and Borders  booklet.

More little stocking ornaments - these are for our 2017 babies, who will be celebrating their second Christmasses. The tiny teddy is adapted from a Graphworks design (Mini Motif Designs for Christmas #8)



This pair of Santas is for a greatniece and greatnephew, first cousins. Santa is a Barbara Mock design, from Dimensions #4 Christmas Quickies booklet.



And finally, two angels. The pink one
 is for another greatniece. It is heavily adapted from TIAG's 1986 Amish Angel. The purple angel is for a friend with a passion for both purple and quirky angels. This one was adapted from the angel in Folk Art Nativity published in an early issue of US Christmas Cross Stitcher.




I will be popping in to all the Smalls Reports to see all the lovely Smalls stitched in January.

11 comments:

Sheryl said...

Goodness, what a lot of pretty stitching, something for everyone. I like the angels best. Best wishes for your hospital visit.

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely stitching on everything! I especially like the tree with all the bits and bobs, it should be a very fun sense experience for the recipient.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous smalls again this month. I love Tiffany's comment about the sensory element to the tree ornie.

Julie said...

Such pretty ornaments in your smalls post this month
Hope all goes well for the surgery and you are soon home recovering well.

Shebafudge said...

So many pretty ornies. Congrats on your beautiful finishes. xx

Pamela said...

Cute ornaments!

Mary said...

I hope things go well with your surgery.

Your ornaments are so beautiful.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! You have been so productive! What gorgeous Smalls this month, Lynne. Good luck for your knee op - I am sure that it will go really well!

Mini said...

That's a lot of ornaments for a month. You put so much love in each ornament you make. Good luck with your operation.

jocondine said...

Great pictures, love the purple angel and the ornament you stitched for your aunt. Hope you feel better now. xxx

Astrids dragon said...

Oh Wow, they all look wonderful! They are all finished so beautifully.