Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, July 27, 2018

Smalls Report for June & July

I have had a stitching break for the past 6 weeks while I was outback in the caravan. We had a great holiday, free-camping most of the time. We travelled over 5000 km and visited towns and areas that I had never seen before, and a few old favourites. I learned a lot about the history of dinosaurs in Australia when I visited the Age of Dinosaurs Museum and the Dinosaur Stampede site  outside of Winton (in Queensland, Australia).  It was most  informative and enjoyable.

I may be using the shoehorn with this. I consider it a small project. It is a cotton pinafore for my very tiny 1 year old greatniece. I still have to add the buttons. 



And I stitched two First Christmas ornaments which are waiting to be made up:



The teddy (an old favourite) is adapted from an on-line freebie chart from DMC.

Finally, I stitched one bead decorated Christmas tree. I want to make another 5 for special Christmas visitors.


Not my most productive two months, but it was a very enjoyable holiday!

7 comments:

Pamela said...

Cute little ornaments!

Bethan said...

Very lovely ornaments. Glad you had a great trip! x

Mary said...

I am glad you had a nice holiday. Your ornaments are so cute.

Rachel said...

That's definitely some holiday! It sounds like you a great time travelling around. Hope coming back to reality is not too stressful! Love the ornaments but the button and bead trees are always my favourites. :)

Mary's Thread said...

I just LOVE your beaded trees. I remember them from previous years. They are so sumptuous and beautiful! Your baby ornaments are very sweet and the crochet dress is darling!

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, the pinafore is adorable!
Sweet ornaments, perfect for stitching while on holiday

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That sounds like a great holiday and I am glad that you found some time for stitching too.