Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Another crochet finish


A finish - a Christmas gift for my 1 yr old greatniece. I used 5 ply cotton (4 x 50g balls) and 3.5mm hook, with 4mm hook used for the bottom half of the skirt.  I've probably made it a bit too long, but it's still 4 months till Christmas, and she's having quite a growth spurt at present.  I'm happy to rip out any unwanted rows at the bottom to correct the length. This was a trial and error project. I started with My Accessory Box's Baby Blossom Summer Dress pattern (https://youtu.be/52sTbKgmpZk) but wanted a less openwork look, so I changed the skirt pattern, using only the chevron rows, increasing every 2nd row. When I thought the skirt was wide enough I stopped increasing and kept the stitches in each chevron strip to 18. I added the trim to the sleeves, and finished the bottom edge with crab stitch.

I have started a larger version for my 3 yr old greatniece, also as a Christmas gift.

2 comments:

Bethan said...

Very organised, and a lovely dress! x

Julie said...

That does look super, what a nice gift it will be.