Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, August 31, 2018

Smalls Report for August

I've had a little break from cross stitching while I grappled with an unexpected health issue (I am not happy when life interrupts my indulgences!), but I have managed to finish up the five stitched ornaments that have been sitting in my stitching basket for ages. I have now stitched all the Christmas ornaments on my 2018 Christmas list. I may make a few more to keep for myself.

These two little DMC Teddy Baby's First Christmas ornanents are for the grandchildren of friends.





And my three bead decorated Christmas trees.




That brings the total number of stitched ornaments for this year to 57. I may just have to stitch another 3 to round that number up to an even 60. 





11 comments:

Bethan said...

Lovely finishes. I hope you are feeling better, or feel better soon x

Julie said...

57.. that's a lot of lovely happy people who will be getting one of your pretty ornaments.

Mary said...

Hope you are feeling better. They are all very beautiful ornaments.

Unknown said...

Love the teddy, your all ready for your Christmas tree this year. Sweet finishes. Happy stitching!

Michele Stravato said...

Love the trees, what is the pattern?

Elfie said...

Michele, I just stitch a tree shape then decorate it with beads. They're all different. I often stitch the base tree over 4 starting at the top with 1 cross-stitch and increasing by 1 stitch on each row (so row 2 starts and ends 2 threads wider than 1st stitch). Every 4 or 5 rows I omit one stitch at each end of the row to shape the branches.

Mary's Thread said...

I will never get tired of seeing your beautiful beaded trees! They are just gorgeous!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad that you are back to stitching again. I'm also a big fan of your little trees. Each one is unique and special to the recipient.

Astrids dragon said...

Sorry you had to take a break, but glad to see you were able to finish those adorable ornaments! Yes, make it an even 60 and keep them for yourself!

rosey175 said...

Ooo do make it an even 60! As much as you make, I bet you could even do an even 70 haha. They've all been so lovely!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

Lovely finishes. Hope you are feeling better.