Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for August

It's been a very mixed month for me, in lots of ways, including my crafting activities.  In between medical appointments and an unexpected operation to remove two breast tumours I have been making Christmas gifts. I made this sweet crochet cotton dress for my 1 year old great-niece.



I liked it so much I decided to make one for my 3 yr old great-niece.


I love this pic of the two dresses together.


Annabelle's grandmother popped in for a visit and pronounced her dress "too short", Annabelle being quite tall for a 3 year old. So, I pulled off the white trim and lengthened the dress by adding a second band of solid colours at the bottom, and then I crocheted her a matching shopping bag with the left-over thread.




I finally made up my last five Christmas ornaments, which had been lurking around in my work basket for varying periods of time.




I have started a name sampler for my great-nephew Harvey ( a Christmas gift). I'm using a dinosaur alphabet by Claire Compton, but I am swapping some of the dinosaurs and changing some of the letter colours, to balance the colours and design.



And I have made 51 beaded angels, which I plan to distribute to my extended family as part of their Christmas gifts. I am embarrased to admit that, despite the fact that it is at least 10 years since I last made a beaded angel, I had all the 'makings' for this group. I could have made quite a lot more with my supply of beads, but I did run out of beading wire. The biggest angels measure about 7.5 cm (3") tall.  In all honesty, the angels are not very photogenic. They look much nicer in reality than they do in the photos. They are hanging angels, so lying around really isn't their thing.




And that brings me to the end of this month's GG report.

12 comments:

Ariadne said...

Hope you are feeling much better now. Your stitched pieces are lovely but I especially loved the beaded angels.AriadnefromGreece!

Sheryl said...

Oh goodness, what very lovely beaded angels, how clever to make so many and they will make perfect Christmas gifts. The two crochet dresses are perfect and I like how you have made one dress longer. thank goodness crochet is easy to undo and quick to redo.

Julie said...

A post full of loveliness.
Sending {{hugs}} to you, is must have been such a worrying time for you, I hope you are improving and all is well.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Hugs Elsie, I do hope everything is ok, take care

What beautiful crafts you have made, I love the dresses and bag, crochet is something I cannot do. Beautiful angels too.

Astrids dragon said...

Sorry to hear about your unexpected surgery, I hope all is well and you're feeling better.
You certainly know how to keep busy! The dresses are adorable, I bed they look adorable in them. Such wonderful stitching and the angels are precious.

Mary said...

Very lovely work. The dresses and angels are beautiful.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I hope you are feeling better after your surgery.
The crochet dresses are beautiful. I'm impressed that you have completed so many beaded angels.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Sorry to hear about the operations, hope it all went smoothly.
Love the crochet dresses, and how easy to add a few inches to the bottom!
The angels are beautiful and will make lovely stiocking fillers for your family. You do have a large extended family!

Christine said...

Beautiful crochet and the beaded angels are gorgeous.
Hope you are recovering well after your surgery

rosey175 said...

Hope the surgery recovery is going well! I'm sure the crafting is a great way to recuperate. :D How nice to have your ornaments all completed with time to spare. Does this mean a break to work on more non-Christmas items?

Crochet is so easy to change; much easier than knitting or crochet! The added matching purse is so cute too.

Kaisievic said...

Wow, Elfie! You just kinda slipped a bombshell in there - surgery for two breast cancer lumps - yikes! I hope that you are recovering nicely and I think that the dresses are adorable and the angels - well, they are so very sweet! Look after yourself, my dear.

DJ said...

The dresses you made are just gorgeous!! Your nieces will love them I'm sure! I wish I could see your angels in person, they look absolutely lovely! You must have quite a few relatives to have made so many for them!! I, too, have had breast tumors removed. I'll add you to my daily prayers if you like, and hope for a speedy recover and for them to not return. *Hugs*