Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for August

The 15th of each month is the reporting day for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching. I didn't do GG reports for June and July, because I was travelling round the country (Australia) in a caravan, and didn't get to do any stitching. I did take some kitted little projects with me, but I just didn't get around to stitching. Most unusual for me! I did, however, read over 20 books - I got into the habit of buying books in one town (from a charity shop usually), then dropping them off at a charity shop in the next town. It worked well for me!

As soon as we got home I picked up a project and got back on the stitching groove. Pretty much all of my stitching usually qualifies for the GG report, since my projects are typically gifted to family or friends.

I stitched these six bead decorated Christmas tree ornaments to add to my gift basket for Christmas visitors. These are smaller than the ornaments I usually make. The smallest one is almost 4 cm ( about 1.75") long, and the tallest one is 7.5 cm  (3") long.







 And all together:



I also stitched a name sampler for a great-niece, for a Christmas gift. It matches the name sampler I stitched for her big brother before we went on our trip. Claire Crompton is the designer of the dinosaur alphabet. I changed the dinosaurs around and also changed floss colours for some of the letters.




Sarah turns 2 in August, and I made her a crochet poncho and cap for her birthday.



I spent a few hours in my craft room, and sorted through the huge pile of Christmas baubles I have accrued over the year. All were discarded by other people, and many were missing their hangers. So, I made a Christmas wreath which I will gift to a friend, who needs a little Christmas bling in her life. It's quite large - the base cane wreath has a 60 cm (24") diameter. Miss Angela was quite taken with the wreath, so I let her pose for the camera next to it.





I've nearly finished my 2019 stitching list. I'm waiting for the birth of my niece's baby in September so I can stitch baby's name on the 3 Christmas ornaments I have stitched for baby, parents  and grandparents. My 2019 stitching list will then be finished. Unless I can think up another project. Or maybe I will bring Christmas Dreams down to my stitching chair. It's 18 months since I last stitched on it, so it's about time it saw the light again.





7 comments:

Ariadne said...

I really like all those trees with beads. I have so many beads, I should stitch something like that. AriadnefromGreece!

DJ said...

My goodness, you've been busy! I love the idea of the wreath made of Christmas baubles. And what a lovely companion you have there. Give him a pat for me, will you? Your stitching is lovely, I'm sure everyone will love their gifts! It must have been fun touring around Australia, a true dream of mine!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the smaller tree ornaments as much as the larger versions. I do like the beaded hangers using different sized beads too.

Great way to reuse old baubles too. A crafter never wastes anything!

Astrids dragon said...

Oh to be a visitor at your house at Christmas! So many lovely trees, they are all finished beautifully.
More fun dinosaurs and the poncho and cap are just precious!
Awe, Miss Angela is the perfect model for your stunning wreath.

Christine said...

Lovely stitching. The ornaments are so pretty and sparkly

Julie said...

A super wreath, what a nice gift that will be.
Lovely ornaments as always.
20 books... hope you had some lovely stories and adventures on your travels.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your beaded trees are beautiful. What a great wreath!