Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Smalls Report for July

I missed last month's Smalls SAL, but I am happy to have stitched some Smalls this month. I did no stitching at all while I was away in the caravan on my trek round Australia in June and the first 3 weeks of July. We travelled just on 15,000 km (9,350 miles) in 52 days, visiting all but one of our mainland States. I had a great time enjoying the ever changing countryside. These are some of my favourite pics.




In the week or so that I have been home I have stitched one more Christmas gift - another dinosaur name sampler. Six little dinosaurs for my  two year old great-niece, who is fascinated by dinosaurs at present.  Believe it or not, the fabric is antique white. The designer of the dinosaur alphabet is Clare Crompton. I changed the dinosaurs around, and also changed the floss colours for the letters.







I stitched them all together on the one fabric piece, with a view to framing the sampler in a purchased frame.



I will enjoy visiting all the Smalls blogs to see what everyone has been working on.



13 comments:

Rachel said...

The dinosaurs are lovely. The designer has done a good job of making them look realistic and you've done a great job stitching them! The muted tones work well together.
52 days of travelling sounds heavenly, but 52 days of not stitching... not so great! Perhaps you could share a few photos of your excursion at some point? :)

Elfie said...

Thank you, Rachel. I'm going to add a few pics from my trip.

Faith... said...

That sounds like a lot of traveling and sightseeing! Love all your dinos, the T-Rex is my favorite.

Mary said...

Your finish is so cute. I remember when my oldest son loved dinosaurs. Your photos from your trip are very beautiful.

Julie said...

You covered a lot of miles on your trip and shared some lovely pictures.
The dinosaurs looks super.

Izabela Hebda said...

Very beautiful Dinosaurs.

Gabi said...

Congrats. You did a journey I am dreaming of.
Your stitching is beautiful.
Greetings from far away

Pamela said...

Very cute dinosaurs!

Sheryl said...

Sounds like you did a lot of miles on your holidays, thanks for sharing some photos. Lovely little dinosaur stitcheries.

Bethan said...

Oh wow - your travels sound epic! Have you done a journey like that before or is this your first tour around Australia? Thanks for sharing your pictures x

Elfie said...

Bethan, we have travelled Australia extensively. The three areas we'd never travelled before were the West Australian coast between Broome and Perth, the Ayre Hwy between Norseman WA and Ceduna SA, and the Ayre Peninsula in SA. We covered all three, and lots more, in this trip. It was great!

Astrids dragon said...

So nice to be able to travel like you do!
A wonderful dinosaur finish, I'm sure she'll be thrilled with it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The dinosaur letters look great! The trip sounds wonderful too.