Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Monday, October 14, 2019

GG report for October

Wow - October already! And the 15th October means it's time for the monthly Gifted Gorgeousness report, hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  Broadly speaking, anything stitched to be gifted, or stitched using gifted supplies qualifies for inclusion in the GG SAL.

I have three Christmas ornaments to show this month. These are the final items on my 2019 stitching list, and bring to 87 the total number of Christmas ornaments I have stitched and finished up this year.

First, a Baby's First Christmas ornanent for my great-nephew born in September. His full name and birthdate are stitched on the back of the ornament.


And two persponalised Christmas tree ornaments, the first for his parents and the other for his grandparents, my brother and his wife. Each of the hearts has the initial of a family member.




I also made 30 beaded angels to add to the take-home gift boxes for visiting children, and to add to the gift basket for adult Christmas visitors.



This one sort of qualifies for GG, in that the base cane wreath and the white ribbon were given to me by a friend, and I rescued the baubles from my sister's house when she was moving home.  I'm keeping this wreath for myself, and will hang it with my angels this Christmas.



It's likely that this will be my final GG report for 2019, since I have finished all my planned stitching, and I have very little crafting time as Christmas draws near. However I will find time to pop in to see all the GG stitching, as I really do enjoy seeing all the beautiful stitching and crafting. If you enjoy seeing Christmas decorations, do drop into my blog in December and see my Christmas house.




6 comments:

Cathy said...

You have some beautiful finishes there. I've been enjoying seeing your ornament creations all year and will be looking forward to seeing what you come up with next year.

DJ said...

My what lovely stitching and finishing you've been doing!! And all those angels...whew!! I've been looking for some craft projects like that to give as gifts. I'll heave to keep looking for a pattern now! I love the ornament heart you made, and totally agree you should keep that for yourself!! I'll check back to see your Christmas decorations.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
I love all your Ornaments, especially the First Christmas one.
The little angels are lovely too.

Rachel said...

So many lovely gifts again this year. I think you must be the only person who is semi-prepared for Christmas in October! :)

Bethan said...

I love your personalised decorations - so lovely and thoughtful. Making 87 is impressive, and very organised to be done by October!

Ariadne said...

The beaded angels are lovely!AriadnefromGreece!