Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, January 23, 2020

Smalls SAL for January (a week early, as it happens)

It's already the end of January - I'm just amazed at how quickly we got here! It's (almost) time for the first Smalls SAL report for 2020. Mary from Marys Threads is the host of the Smalls SAL.

I have started on my annual ornament stitching marathon. I have just finished up my first 11 Christmas ornaments for 2020.  Here they are alltogether:



I'll start with the first of my 12 Days of Christmas ornaments, which I am stitching for myself.  

Designer: Linda Calverley, The Cross Stitcher (UK) Dec 1995.
I added the border and text.


This ornament is for my oldest nephew and his partner. They have quite a large collection of my Christmas ornaments.



Five ornaments for great-nieces and nephews:
Designer: Barbara Mock, Christmas Quickies II

Designer: Dale Burdett, A Mini Christmas DB 132 

Designer:  Barbara Mock, Christmas Quickies I

LA's Alphabets Galore booklet

LA's Alphabets Galore booklet


And four ornaments for neighbour children:

LA's Alphabets Galore booklet



I am pleased to have made a start on my stitching list. I'm hoping to finish eight ornaments in February. I'll enjoy visiting the blogs of all the Smalls stitchers.






12 comments:

Julie said...

Your family must have the most beautiful trees each Christmas with the stunning creations you make for them.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wow, amazing finishing work! But you're a week early. Next Friday is the last Friday of the month. I had to double check my calendar this evening.

Elfie said...

Oh dear. How silly of me. I'm still trying to adjust to 2020!

Faith... said...

Oh how pretty! So many ornaments and you are off to a great start for 2020. Do you know how many you will make or do you just keep going until you run out of year?

Bethan said...

What a great start to the years stitching! You have made so many lovely ornaments x

Elfie said...

Faith, I'm aiming for 70 ornaments this year, and I'd like to have them all finished by September, so I can spend some time this year on my HAED (which was totally neglected last year). I generally find I stitch more ornaments than my initial target, because new children pop into my life during the year.

Faith... said...

70 is a lot of ornaments!, but we know you will get them all stitched up! Hope you finish them up by September!

Lynn said...

Wow! Your ornaments are all fantastic! I can't believe you got them all finished as well. Good job!

Mary said...

Your ornaments are beautiful. I always love the beading you add to each ornament.

Mary's Thread said...

Oh I can always count on your for a luscious selection of ornaments! You've been busy this month and been so productive! Well done! And thanks for joining the SAL!

Kaisievic said...

Wow! These are so gorgeous and you have been so very busy.

Astrids dragon said...

Fabulous finishes, you're off to a great start this year!