Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for January

Here we go again - 15th January means it's time to share our 'gift' stitching. If it's stitched using gifted supplies, or stitched to be gifted it qualifies for the Gifted Gorgeousness Report, hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.

I have 10 stitched pieces to show this month. They will all be made up into Christmas ornaments. Nine will be given this year as Christmas gifts  the tenth is stitched with gifted supplies and will be on my own Christmas tree this year.

For the first two I used a slightly modified Santa Alphabet from LA's Alphabets Galore booklet (1998). These are for a 6 yr old great-nephew and a 5 year old greatniece.




 I stitched this one for a 3 yr old greatniece. It's a Barbara Mock design (with a few little changes) from Christmas Quickies II.



This next design is one of my favourites. It's a Dale Burdett design. This one is for a 1 yr old greatnephew.



Another Barbara Mock design, for a 3 year old greatnephew.



Three more Santa initials, for 3 neighbour children.





And finally, a tree sampler stitched for my oldest nephew and his wife.  I will add some beads and charms when I make this one up.



My own ornament is Day 1 of the 12 Days of Christmas I have promised myself this year.  I chose a Lesley Grant design  published in the British Cross Stitcher magazine December 1995 but immediately ran into little problem when I found I wasn't a fan of the partridge in a pear tree from that set. So I substituted a design by Linda Calverley  conveniently published in the same magazine.



And that is all my 'gift' stitching for January. I will stitch one more, then make them all up before the end of the month.

10 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

What super gifts, I'm looking forward to seeing them made up

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely ornaments! And so nice you were able to find another partridge to fit the set. You definitely deserve some beautiful ornaments you've made as well.

Christine said...

Beautiful gifts

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I always enjoy seeing the ornaments you make for your friends and family. And now we have a series you will keep for yourself too!

Cathy said...

Lovely ornaments! The Dale Burdett bear is my favorite, too. And it's so nice that you were able to stitch something for yourself this month.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! This is such a gorgeous collection of ornaments. Cute stitching.

Julie said...

It's lovely to read you are making a collection for your own tree this year. You are off to a good start with the family collection.

Faith... said...

You are certainly off to a great start for your 2020 ornaments! Glad you are going to be making some for yourself also.

Hazel said...

Cute little finishes. Great start.

Bethan said...

Lovely finishes - you are off to a great start this year x