Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for June

 It's the middle of the month, so it's time to report on my gift stitching. Jo hosts the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL at Serendipitous Stitching, on the 15th day of each month. Anything stitched with gifted supplies, or stitched to be gifted, qualifies for inclusion in the GG report. 

I finished up the rest of the tiny stocking Christmas ornaments I had stitched last month, and made another three. That makes 13 tiny stockings to add to the 7 completed earlier in the year.  The Santa design is adapted from one of Kooler's Littlest Stocking charts.




This group of Christmas ornaments is for eight siblings and first cousins. I stitched each child's name on the reverse of the ornament. The wreath alphabet designer is Susan Bates and I found the chart in Issue 22 (Christmas 2019) of 'Enjoy Cross Stitch at Christmas' magazine.





My niece sent me a picture of Bronte wearing the jacket and hat I crocheted for her. The jacket will fit her all winter, but I think she'll need a bigger hat pretty soon.




I got my crochet hook out again to make a beanie to give to a favourite niece as a birthday gift. It's quite a pretty thick blue wool, but the picture really doesn't do it justice.  I used Addydae Designs 'Perenni' beanie pattern, but omitted the flower row and added a simple border. My niece's children (boy aged 6 and girl aged 3) were so impressed with the beanie that I decided to make them one, in the same style as their mother's.  The wool I used was pre-approved by the children and their mother.



I'm stitching Kooler's 12 Days of Christmas this year, using gifted supplies. This month I stitched Day 6, and also Days 12 and 11. I've been stitching one Day each month, but I know from past experience that I'll have no stitching time from mid October on, and also I want to be able to display the complete set when I decorate the house in November. I'm now planning to complete the set next month.


I have also stitched, but not yet decorated,  another Christmas tree ornament for my Christmas visitors gift basket.



That's all for this month. I'm looking forward to seeing all the GG stitching  reports.







8 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

You are so lovely to stitch for all your family, you have so many to do. Bronte looks beautiful in your cardigan.

DJ said...

My goodness, you've been busy! Those stockings are so cute! What a lovely gift for your family! Little Bronte is just adorable, and the sweater and beanie you made for her are precious! You are one talented lady!

jocondine said...

What an adorable baby, Bronte looks so great and the color of the sweater is lovely on her. You can make a collection of hats for her next months! So many ornies done, great as always. Amicalement. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. So many gorgeous Ornaments, they always look great displayed as a set!
Bronte is an adorable model too.

Faith... said...

Beautiful stitching as always! I really love those Alphabet Ornaments you stitched up. Bronte looks adorable in her outfit.

diamondc said...

What a sweet post, Bronte is so cute and adorable.

Catherine

Sheryl said...

Beautiful stitched ornaments, what lovely gifts they will make, each with a different name. Baby Bronte looks fabulous in her cardigan and hat - she will keep you busy knitting for some time I expect.

BeingBored89 said...

Oh my! Everything is so nice and Bronte is absolutely adorable!