Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, July 16, 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for July

 I'm a few days late with this Gifted Gorgeousness report. Jo at Serendipitous Stitching hosts the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL, and the 15th of each month is the day to report.  Pretty much all of my stitching qualifies, as most of my stitching is destined to be gifted, and the few things that I stitch for myself are stitched on gifted supplies (my family and friends are very generous when it comes to birthday and Christmas gifts).


The first thing I have to show is my HAED Christmas Dreams, home from the framer and now hanging in my craft room.  I am so happy with the framing. For this photo I sat the frame on a 2 -seater sofa, and there wasn't much room to spare on the sofa.


The next group is also mine. This year I am stitching Kooler's 12 Days of Christmas, designed by Sandy Orton.  This month I finished up into ornaments Days 6, 8, 10, 11, and 12, and stitched Days 7 and 8.




I made a glittery Christmas tree ornament for Miss 11.


This group of ornaments are for the grandchildren of a long term friend - two boys in England and two girls in New Zealand. All the designs came from Jeanette Crews Designs One Nighters leaflet, "59 Christmas Motifs". I substituted beads for stitches in the angel wings.



These four ornaments will be take home gifts for Christmas visitors.  The message on the first one is adapted from Susan Greening Davis' design 'Memories' published in JCS Christmas Ornaments 2015.





This ornament is for a family friend.  The photo isn't good. The fabric is a pretty pale blue.



I stitched these Santa initial ornaments for the grandchildren of a cousin. I stitched the children's given names on the reverse of each ornament. This Santa alphabet was in LA's Alphabets Galore book.





My current WIP is this ornament for my newest great-niece.  I have had the teddy chart for over 20 years, and I know it was an internet freebie, possibly from DMC, though it is no longer on their website.


I now have 11 ornaments to make up, and that will be my task for the coming week.  














6 comments:

jocondine said...

Stunning show, the frame is perfect, what a masterpiece! Love all your ornaments, as always. Glad to see your progress on the 12 days pf Christmas, I love to see this serie on blogs. Amitiés. xxx

diamondc said...

Elfie: Oh my goodness you have been very busy, I am so in love with all your stitching but the trees with beads are my favorite.
Your framed Santa is positively beautiful.

Catherine

DJ said...

Wow!! I love ALL of your ornaments! But my favorites are the 12 days and the nativities. Such beautiful stitching and finishing!! Your framed piece is absolutely gorgeous...I would have to have that hanging all year round! What a feast for the eyes to visit your blog!

Beth in IL said...

Love all the ornaments! And your framed HAED is beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love all your ornaments but pride of place must be the framed Santa piece. I really enjoyed following your stitching on that one and it looks stunning framed!

Faith... said...

I just love Santa! He looks so handsome all framed up. You must be very proud of him. My you have been very very busy with the ornaments Lynne! I am glad to hear that you are keeping some for yourself. I imagine that most stitchers just give, give, give and have nothing to show for their self. The Christmas tree ornaments are gorgeous!