Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, July 29, 2021

Smalls SAL (July)

 Mary at  Mary's Thread hosts the Smalls SAL on the last Friday of each month. It's been a few months since my last Smalls report, but I have a few finishes to show today.


I finished my Kooler 12 Days of Christmas set (designer Sandy Orton), and they are packed away waiting for Christmas. I really like this set. They are so bright and colourful.  I was stitching one Day per month till we got halfway through the year, when I started panicking that I wouldn't get them finished in time for Christmas decorating. So I finished the rest to make sure they would be there when I need them. This year I will have three 12 Days sets to display. They will be decorating an internal door.  I shall run ribbons right around the door top to bottom, and peg the ornaments to the ribbons. 





I stitched a Baby's First Christmas ornament for my newest great- niece, and another for a family friend (that one is not yet finished up). I have two more of these to make this year. The teddy design was an on-line freebie that I got many years ago. I've lost the details, but I think it was from DMC, though it is not on their website now.





I made some bead decorated Christmas trees (my own design).  I love making these!





These five ornaments are for a long-term friend and her  grandchildren  -  two sisters in New Zealand and two brothers in England.  The children's ornaments are Jeanette Crews designs.  I swapped beads for stitches in the angels' wings. My friend's ornament is adapted from a design by Susan Greening Davis published in JCS Christmas Ornament issue 2015








Finally, I made another 6 tiny stocking ornaments. The Santa in these stockings is adapted from Kooler's Littlest Stocking chart. The trees and the stocking finish are my own designs.






5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your smalls are beautiful, you are so kind to stitch for everyone making memories and treasured gifts.

Faith... said...

Love all the ornaments Lynn! I would love to see your door when you decorate it at Christmas.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love that 12 Days series so much. I would like to see the display photos too this Christmas.
I agree with you about the tree ornaments they are my favourites too!

Cathy said...

Your needle must have been smoking this month. I love all of your ornaments, too.

Sheryl said...

You always make such lovely ornaments for everyone. I love the little stockings and the beaded Christmas trees. I really must start thinking about doing some Christmas stitching soon.