Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Monday, February 14, 2022

Secret Stitching Bloghop

 Jo at  Serendipitous Stitching is once again hosting the Secret Sweetheart Blog Hop on Valentines Day. This is the first of many blog hops that Jo traditionally hosts throughout the year. They are all different, and all great fun.


Look at this absolutely beautiful heart. Did you stitch it? As I look at it, I would love to say that I did, but the truth is that I discovered some time ago that blackwork is NOT my special skill. Much as I would love to have stitched this, I know that to do so is way beyond my comfort level. That makes me enjoy this one even more.

I have guessed the name of my Secret Stitcher, so I will be watching to see who claims it, to see if my guess is correct.

Valentines Day is a special one for me, as it is the birthday of my gorgeous niece Ciara. She lives on the opposite side of the country, in Western Australia. Happy Birthday, Ciara!


20 comments:

diamondc said...

Happy Birthday Ciara, lovely heart, I have only done blackwork once I am not a fan.

Catherine

RONI said...

Have you guessed correctly? It was me!! I've discovered blackwork only recently and I'm hooked!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Secret Stitching Sweeheart Blog Hop this year.
I love this heart too. I like blackwork and want to do some more myself,

Elfie said...

Yes, I thought it might be yours! It's so beautiful.

RONI said...

Thank you.

Gwen said...

Another great job.

Kaisievic said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Roni did a lovely job on the blackwork on your heart.

Cathy said...

I really love this heart. I enjoy blackwork, but I also enjoy backstitching so I guess that makes sense.

Denise :) said...

Wow -- this is fantastic! Roni did a lovely job with it. I adore blackwork! Happy Valentine's Day! ♥

Leonore Winterer said...

How pretty - I think I've seen this one before somewhere!

Astrids dragon said...

That is a lovely heart, very nice Roni! I've done some blackwork, but should really do more to practice.
Happy hearts to you.

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely stitching from Roni.
Happy Valentine’s Day
Barbara 💕

Mouse said...

I am with you on the not compatible with blackwork...lol lovely heart :) love mouse xxx

jocondine said...

What a great stitching! I'd love to be able to do one maybe start with a small one. Joyeuse Saint Valentin ! xxx

Clare-Aimetu said...

A beautiful stitched heart, happy Valentine's 💕

Mary's Thread said...

What beautiful blackwork!I hope you had a wonder day, Lynne!

RONI said...

It's a Steady Thread freebie from their Facebook page.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

This is beautiful work.

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Ah I thought it would be blackwork from Roni but this was not viewable on my first visit hence me thinking the other blackwork in the hop might have been hers. She is on a roll with it...

Sheryl said...

gorgeous design, I love doing blackwork and this pattern is very pretty.