Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness report for May

 Last time I looked it was May 10. And now it's May 18. How did that happen! I certainly can't blame my stitching for my tardiness in writing my GG report. It's not been a very productive month.  I have little to show this time. 


I did stitch some little angels which will be Christmas gifts for a cousin and her 4 grand-daughters. The angel charts are L&L Christmas freebies from 1986 & 1987. I did give the Amish angels hair instead of caps  and I changed some floss colours.



I stitched a Sam Hawkins design for my cousin's grandson.

And as my cousin has a much-loved puppy, I stitched another gift-bearing rabbit design for Buddy. It's the same chart I used for a friend's puppies last month, and I really like the design, which I found in the premiere edition of LA's Celebrations magazine.




I stitched the rest of Barbara Sestok's 12 Days of Christmas designs. Hopefully next month I can show the set of 12 finished ornaments. As it stands now, just 4 have been finished up, and eight are waiting to be made up - along with another 11 stitched designs also requiring finishing into ornaments, and another two waiting to be framed. 



I hope to have lots of finished ornaments to show in the June GG report. Our host for Gifted Gorgeousness is Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  Most of my stitching qualifies for inclusion in GG  as it is either stitched to be gifted, or stitched with gifted supplies.



8 comments:

jocondine said...

Love all those new Christmas patterns. Angels look great and Santa very funny. The 12DoCh charts are lovely, can't wait to see them full finished. Well done! Bisous. xxx

diamondc said...

Elfie: All your ornaments are lovely, I have to say the Drummer Boy is my favorite.
You have been very busy.

Catherine

Sandy said...

Very nice stitching. I LOVE the drummer boy! Such nice detail and coloring. Everything will make lovely gifts. This is my first go round with the Gift Linky, and I've enjoyed seeing so many nice projects.
Sandy's Space

DJ said...

Elfie, you amaze me with the amount of ornaments you stitch each month! I love how you have been finishing the 12 days! I've been stitching the same set (but I'm only on the 5th one) and it's funny how different they look with the different finishing. You are so generous with your stitching, always a fun visit to see what you've been working on!

RONI said...

Oh my goodness if this is 'little to show'!! I know you are generally massively prolific stitching so I do see it's less by your own standards, but it looks like Sooooooo much stitching to me!!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the L&L angels and the fabulous 12 Days Ornament.

Mary's Thread said...

More sweet sweet ornaments! I love the 12 days series especially!

Faith... said...

Lynne that seems like quite a bit of stitching to me! You are the busiest stitcher I have ever seen! I look forward to seeing the whole set of the 12 Days of Christmas all together.