Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, October 16, 2009

HD at my house tonight!



My Angel is finished at last. She is so gorgeous! I am really pleased with the beads in the floral trim and gold border. I like the way it adds a little sparkle to the piece. I shortened the trailing shawl, and I'm not sure if I've done the right thing there. I'll leave it overnight and reassess tomorrow. My Angel is 65 cm (26") tall, so she's a stately lady. Finshing the shawl as charted will add another 5 cm (2") or so. I didn't really like the long trailing shawl as charted, bt it did give the Angel the impression of being heart-shaped, and I do like that.

I haven't yet stitched my iitials and the year - another job for tomorrow. I think I will also stitch "Angel of Hope". I'm toying with the idea of using the gold beads for the labelling. If not the beads, I'll use a mid-dark blue.

I'll be off to the framer on Monday with my Angel.

1 comment:

Mel said...

A lovely finish!