Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

A little finish

Here's the mug rug I stitched for the Hush Hush Challenge / Exchange on the Life's a Stitch board. I stitched and finished it in February, but had to hold the photo back till the end of the Challenge period. The Challenge was to design and stitch a 4" x 4" mug rug which featured a 'funky' (I took that to mean colourful) butterfly, and had as a secondary design feature one or more hearts stitched in at least 3 shades of the recipient's favourite colour (green in this case, though purple was another favoured colour). The recipient's initials also had to be stitched in pink in one corner. This is my first ever mug rug. I stitched it on a piece of hand-dyed linen using DMC floss. I used the same fabric for the back and laced the two pieces together. I quite enjoyed this Challenge. The mug rug is in the mail now flying across the Pacific Ocean to its new home.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design..love the colors.