Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Home again ...

refreshed and relaxed after a lovely week camping with friends in beautiful Bonny Hills, on the coast just a three hours drive north for me. It's a lovely area, and I always enjoy my time there. This time was a little sad, as my friend who lives there has just recently been diagnosed with lung and spinal secondaries to the breast cancer she was treated for a couple of years ago. She also had a brain tumour removed last November and had radiation therapy afterwards. Now she has just started chemo for the lung and spinal secondaries. It was good to see her, and also to see how positive (but realistic) her attitude is. I hope that if I was faced with the same situation that I would be able to handle it in the same way that she is.

I did manage to get some stitching time while I was away. I stitched up five little Christmas ornaments - for five little Irish-Aussie girls (from 3 families) who will, I hope, pay me a Christmas visit again this year. I still have to add some beads and make up the ornaments. I hope to have a picture to post by the end of this month.

No comments: