Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Back home again

after a very wet 12 days in the van at lovely Port Stephens, just an hours drive from my home. It rained all day and night for the first 11 days, but I am so very pleased that the rain stopped yesterday afternoon, and we managed a dry pack up today. My laundry floor is currently covered knee deep in wet items waiting their turn in the washing machine.

So, to cheer myself up I'm putting in a few more pics of my Christmas house - it was so nice to open the door and see Christmas again.

We've moved up to the dining room now. The first pic is the top of my cedar chest, and it has my gourd Santas, a few nwsting Santas and some particular favourites of mine. I stitched the cross stitched Santa many years ago, from one of the Leisure Arts Christmas Cross stitch hardcover books.



and this pic shows the top of my buffet. It houses my Advent tree, and my very small collection of Jim Shore Santas. This picture was taken before December 1 - had it been taken after December 1 the appropriate number of stars would have turned into Santas. The small cross stitched Santa on the wall is teh Santa that took me the longest to stitch. I started him in 1992, and didn't finish him till 1997 - it has the fiddliest back-stitching round everything, and the face is full of fractional confetti stitches. Being fairly new to cross stitch when I started him, I stitched him on 18 count Rustico Aida - not the best choice of fabric for a design with so any fractionals!


Sorry if you've been having trouble making comments on my blog. I know some people have. I have changed the setting, hope that helps.







No comments: