Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Smalls SAL report for May

It's time, once again, for the monthy Smalls SAL. I didn't post last month, as I was enjoying a relaxing camping holiday with very limited access to power and none at all to the computer.

I have stitched three small projects this month.  This one is the smallest - it fits into one of the little gold frames (just a tad over 2.5cm or 1" square) I've been using lately.  A truly tiny finish.

Santa adapted from a chart in BH&G's treasury of Cross-Stitch booklet


My other two finishes are snowmen, which will be finished as Christmas ornaments to be given as Christmas gifts to English brothers, grandchildren of an old friend.  I've not stitched many snowpeople, as I live in an area where snow just doesn't happen, and we don't associate snowpeople with Christmas in the way that is common in the northern hemisphere.  It has been a pleasure to stitch this little pair, so I think I will stitch a third, for a young member of our extended family who lives in New York.  The charts for these little snowmen came from BH&G's 101 Christmas Cross-Stitch Designs booklet, published in 1999. I changed the floss colours and some of the facial features.

Thanks for popping by.

12 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely stitching. The little Santa is so tiny!

Mary said...

Very cute ornaments.

Julie said...

Sweet snowmen.

Mabon Stitcher said...

That is a super tiny space. You could do up some broaches like that.
Very cute snowmen.

RJ said...

Adorable stitches! Hope you had a wonderful time camping. It is so nice to get away from tv and the computer and just enjoy nature at it's best. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever2

Sheryl said...

Pretty stitching and cute designs, I like the little frame too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on the smalls. I rarely stitch snowmen either, don't know why, these are cute!

Mary's Thread said...

What cute little things! Those snowmen especially are darling!

Melinda Forbes said...

Just have to love Liam. His mouth looks exactly like a snowman my grandkids made and had to reach to make the mouth. Your monthly small post is one of my favorite, love to see all the different ways you finish your ornaments

Michele Stravato said...

Love all your stitching, but wow, the tiny Santa is inspirational!

Amy said...

Such cute little stitches!

Sok Sareth said...


Your blog was absolutely fantastic! Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.


ตารางคะแนน