Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Easter Blog Hop

Jo at Serendipitous Stitching is hosting this Easter blog hop.

My letter is:


I have chosen to share a picture of one of my favourite cross-stitched birds, a Graham Ross design of a kookaburra. I stitched this kookaburra way back in the 20th century  and it hangs on my loungeroom wall, where I see it every day. I am lucky to have real kookaburras visit my garden regularly, and I often wake up to the sound of the kookaburra's call.



To continue with the Easter blog hop, your next blog to visit is: Mary's

Happy Easter!

14 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Thank you for the letter, what a lovely Kookaburra, how lucky you are to have them close by, happy Easter

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Easter Blog Hop this year. Great picture for the hop, when we say Spring birdsong the kookaburra is not the first bird that comes to mind in the UK!

beadgirl said...

Ahhh, I always wondered what a kookaburra looked like! My mother sang the song to me when I was a child. Have a joyous Easter.

jocondine said...

Nice to have the kookaburra inside and in the garden. Lucky you, sometimes I got the visit of a green woodpecker it's nice too. Thanks for the letter. Joyeuses fêtes de Pâques. xxx

Mary's Thread said...

What a nice picture! It seems so exotic to have kookaburras in your garden! Here in the US, we know the kookaburra in the gumtree song so it is a familiar bird to us even if we have never seen one! Happy Easter!

Sheryl said...

A lovely stitched kookaburra in a perfect frame. I have never heard of this bird but it must be a joy to have such a visitor in the garden. Happy Easter and thanks for the letter.

Ariadne said...

Such a beautiful bird to see alive in your garden.Happy Easter. AriadnefromGreece!

Katie said...

Hopping by on the blog hop. Thanks for the letter. Love your kookaburra. I've only been lucky enough to see them in zoos.

cheryl said...

Love your kookaburra. Happy Easter!

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you for the letter! How lovely to have kookaburras in your garden!
We occasionally see Greater Spotted Woodpeckers, and Sparrow-hawks, lots of smaller birds too, but not all at the same time!
Happy Easter!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Christine said...

lovely stitching!

Astrids dragon said...

Such a sweet little Kookaburra, how wonderful you actually have a real one come visit you! I remember the Kookaburra song from elementary school too.

Leonore Winterer said...

That's a great bird! Thanks for the letter.

rosey175 said...

A kookaburra sounds like such an awesome spring songbird, how lucky for you! Thank you for the letter~ :D