Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, April 26, 2019

Smalls Report for April

Well, here we are - time for the monthly Smalls SAL report hosted by Mary.  Already four months of the year has passed. I have less to show this month. Once again, all my stitching was on Smalls, but I did less stitching in April than in previous months. I have finished just four Christmas ornaments this month.



I stitched a TIAG angel, from the Band of Angels chart. I did make a number of changes, including changes to the banner and message, omitting the parcel and gold hanging cord, and changing the sleeves and hands. I stitched this ornament for a cousin who has just won the latest battle in her fight with cancer.




This little Christmas ornament is for a 4 year old I met recently, and who has just joined the extended family of a friend.



And here are two more Jill Oxton poinsettias to add to my take-home gift basket for Christmas visitors.





I also stitched three ornaments for a brother's family. They are expecting a new arrival in September, and as the ornaments I stitched for the prospective parents and grandparents are personalised Christmas trees with a heart for each family member, I have to wait for baby's birth before I finish stitching and making up these three ornaments. I probably shouldn't be showing these yet, as they are unfinished, but the fact that they complete my Christmas ornament stitching list for 2019 tipped my hand. I now have 75 Christmas ornaments - 72 finished, and these three which will have to sit waiting till I know baby's gender and name.


So, that completes my Smalls report for this month. I'm looking forward to popping in to participants' blogs to see the lovely Smalls stitched in the past month.


9 comments:

Mary's Thread said...

My goodness! 75 ornaments already?! That is incredible! Your loved ones are so lucky to have such special things for their trees! Thank you for joining the SAL again this month!

Pamela said...

Wonderful! What thoughtful gifts for your family and friends.

Mary said...

I just love your ornaments and the beading that goes into them. 75 finishes in 4 months is amazing.

Julie said...

What an impressive amount you have stitched and finishes so beautifully this year so far.
Always something lovely to see when I visit with you.

Rachel said...

Lovely Smalls again. I've never been a big fan of poinsettias but seeing you stitch and beautifully finish so many of them is gradually changing my opinion. :)

Faith... said...

That is still a lot of smalls for the month! They all look great and I think we should call you The Ornament Queen!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's always lovely to see the range of small ornies you make each year.

Sheryl said...

Oh goodness, what a lot of very pretty smalls. The angels are gorgeous as are the poinsettias and the perfect finishes.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh boy, more adorable ornaments!