Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Sunday, April 14, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness report for April

April 15 - time for the Gifted
Gorgeousness report. GG is hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching.  Once again, all my stitching in the past month qualifies for GG, as all my stitching will be gifted.


I'm working my way through my Christmas list. I finished up the ornaments I had stitched last month, and I have stitched and finished another 13 Christmas ornaments. That brings to 68 the number of Christmas ornaments I have made this year to date.

Here are group photos of my March-April finished Christmas ornaments. The first picture shows the ornaments stitched in February/March but not actually finished into ornaments at the last GG report. Since I put individual pics of these in my last (Smalls SAL) post, I haven't repeated them today.



And the next 2 photos show the finished ornaments that I stitched and finished up after the March GG report.




This Donna Vermillion Giampa initial Santa is for my niece's foster son. The chart is from the Christmas Soup booklet.



This tiny stocking Christmas ornament is for a friend's much loved dog. This one just grew as I stitched, so there is no designer to credit.



This Need'l Love Hearts and Branches ornament will go into my gift basket for Christmas visitors. Some of my Christmas visitors are really not into bling, so I like to offer an alternative to my bead decorated trees.



I stitched this for my oldest niece. The message comes from a chart in the 2015 JCS Christmas Ornament issue. Somehow, this ornament didn't get into a group picture.



And now three little poinsettia ornaments. The poinsettias are Jill Oxton design (JO Cross Stitch & Beading Issue 47).  These ornaments are going into the gift basket for Christmas visitors.





Four more beaded Christmas trees for the Christmas gift basket.






And, finally, two personalised Christmas tree ornaments, one for a long-term friend  the other for my youngest sister.




It's many months since I last picked up a crochet hook, but the urge took me this week. I made a dress and cap and a matching pillow cover for a great-niece's doll.




That's it for this month. I'm looking forward to catching up on all the GG stitching.









11 comments:

Cathy said...

You are so talented! I love the beaded trees and of course the poinsettias, but all of your ornaments are fantastic.

Julie said...

Always something lovely to see when I visit with you, your ornaments are so pretty.

Kate said...

These are all so beautiful - I like the 'tag' style of finishing and especially like the sentiment on the one you gave your niece. ^^

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful, just beautiful, such lovely finishing. Your crochet looks lovely too

Pamela said...

Wow! Wonderful ornaments.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
Your poinsettias are a nice addition to the regular Ornaments.

Christine said...

Gorgeous ornaments!

Ariadne said...

So many beautiful ornaments! AriadnefromGreece!

Faith... said...

Beautiful work!

Gabi said...

Wonderful ornaments and nice finishes.
Greetings from far away.
Gabi in Germany

Rachel said...

So much generous Gifted Gorgeousness. I love the Octagonal finish. :)