Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Saturday, January 15, 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for January 2022

Mid January already. I am pleased to have some stitching to show. I am also very happy that Jo is again hosting the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL on the 15th of each month at Serendipitous Stitching.  Most of my stitching qualifies for inclusion in  the GG SAL, as most of my stitching is destined to be gifted, and virtually all of my stitching is done with gifted supplies.


In January I started stitching my 2022 Christmas gifts.  For some of my great-nieces and nephews I chose the wreath initial chart by Susan Bates, from Issue 22 of 'Enjoy Cross Stitch at Christmas' magazine (2019). I will most likely be making a few more of these this year.










I have now made them up into Christmas ornaments.




This year I have four toddlers on my gift list. I will be making each of them a Santa teddy ornament (designer Dale Burdett, 'A Mini Christmas', DB132).  This is one of my favourites, and I would go so far as to say that there would be a Santa teddy ornament on the Christmas tree of every family whose children regularly visit me at Christmas.  So far I have stitched three of the teddies. Lola's teddy hasn't yet had its external borders or back stitched.






I look forward to checking all the GG posts. It's one of my pleasures each month.





11 comments:

DJ said...

What lovely ornaments you are making, the letters are so pretty! Love the little bears too! A great way to start the New Year! Happy Stitching!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I do like those wreath letters, they make a fun Ornament. The teddies are perfect for the toddlers too.
I am glad that you enjoy the SAL as much as I do! We are in our 8th year now!

Cathy said...

Lovely ornaments this month! I especially like the wreath ones.

Rachel said...

So many gifts stitched - and finished - already! The wreath monograms are gorgeous. :)

jocondine said...

What a start! How can you have already done so much in 15 days (are you stitching during the night). Great patterns for the letters and teddies are so cute too. You already set the bar very high for this year ornaments score! Amicalement. xxx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great start to your 2022 stitching, you amaze me with all the gifts you do. I love the alphabet design

Faith... said...

You have already been very busy this year! All the ornaments look great and I like the initial ornaments you are making this year.

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, look at how many you've already stitched this month, they all look lovely.

diamondc said...

Elfie: They are adorable, what a sweet design with the initial's
, the teddy bear design is so cute.

Catherine

RONI said...

Oo I do love the teddies, great stitching x

FlashinScissors said...

Gosh, so many finishes already! Well done!
Beautiful stitching!
Hugs,
Barbara xx