Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Angelic interlude ...

I'm enjoying my break from stitching on Jolly Old Fellow. I've made 15 prs angel earrings (11 small and 4 tiny) and 5 large beaded angels. This is the first time I've used purchased angel wings for my angel earrings, and I quite like the way they look. The next batch of angel earrings will have beaded wings, though - I've now used up all the wings I purchased on e-Bay. I'll make angels until Friday, then at the weekend move on to stitching an ornament or two. It has been 6 months or more since I've made any angels, and I found I didn't have as much beading wire or bead caps as I thought I did, so I'll be making a visit to my local bead shop tomorrow to replenish my stocks.

Ellie is now back to her usual happy, hungry self, demanding food at ever decreasing intervals. It's great to have her back to normal. She seems determined to regain the 300g she lost when she was ill. She has to go in on Saturday to have stitches removed, but that should be a simple procedure, no anaesthetic or sedation required.

I was saddened today by the unexpected death of my father's budgie, Sam. Although he was my father's pet, I did most of the caring for him (feeding, cage cleaning etc). He was only 3, and as far as we knew quite well. Yesterday his behaviour was perfectly normal. He was chatting as he usually did, and immediately started nibbling on the lettuce and millet heads I put in his cage, and came out for a fly around as was his habit - his cage was always open during the day, and he went in and out at will.. This morning he was sitting in the corner of his cage, quite dead. I really was shocked and upset. RIP Sammy.

3 comments:

Mel said...

awh, poor birdie. I'm sorry to hear that.
Your earrings are just lovely!

Annie Bee said...

You have been busy with your angels. They are really pretty. Glad that Ellie is back to her normal self and poor Sammy.

Cindy F. said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry about Sam:(
I'm happy to hear Ellie continues to do well:)
Your angel jewelry is so pretty! What a wonderful hobby:)