Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dust - 1, Computer - 0

Reluctant as I am to admit it, my computer hard drive has died - because the fan got too dusty, causing the capacitator to fail and the hard drive to get into strife. Who would have thought it? Certainly not me! My dear sister has saved my sanity by lending me her laptop, which I am currently using. I've been computerless for the past 9 days, and I must admit it has distressed me way more than I would have anticipated! It's much like the time my microwave died. For years I had believed that I rarely used the microwave, so when it died I thought it wouldn't make much difference. I soon discovered that part of just about every meal I prepared was cooked in the microwave. I was off to the shops pronto to replace the microwave. It's much the saame with the computer - I'm in the habit of accessing info on it frequently each day.

My computer is at the computer repairman's workshop waiting for a new capacitator (apparantly the one my computer uses is different to the usual one available) which is somewhere on the high seas in a container en route to Melbourne. It's expected to arrive sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. Then the computer angels are going to do their magic with stitching the capacitator into a new hard drive, and transferring all my data across. Hopefully I'll have an upgraded computer (dust free) returned to me in early March. I'll be SO pleased to see it home!
Having no computer has allowed me extra stitching time, so I guess that's the silver lining in my computer cloud! I've made great progress on Jolly old Fellow! I'll be back with pics of JOF just as soon as I work out how to load pics onto this laptop.

No comments: