Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

My Christmas Dining Room - Part 1

No dining happens here in December - the Christmas decorations take precedence.  Fortunately, the weather is hot here over Christmas, so we eat outside if we have guests, and usually balance a plate on our knees in front of the telly downstairs if we're eating alone.

This year I have displayed my small collection of Nativities on the dining room table:
 
 
 and here is a wider view of the table, also showing my L&L Oh Christmas Tree and L&L Santa of the Forest, and the display cabinet that currently houses some of my vintage Christmas collection (mostly Santas and angels).  Peeking round the table leg near the window s one of my two large 1950s Santa money boxes.

Here is a clearer pic of the display cabinet.

These are my vintage Santa dolls.

and the final pic for tonight - Vermillion's Nine Santa Sampler guarded by a few much-loved Santas.

2 comments:

Anne said...

All your decorations are just beautiful. So nice to have vintage items. I found some cute little Hudson Bay bells that I remembered as a child and they are now on my tree. Merry Christmas! :)

Elfie said...

I do love the vintage items. Most of them, however, are not as old as I am - maybe that's why I like them!