Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

My newest love


L&L's Angel of Hope. I know she's been around since 1991, but I just found her this year, and immediately fell in love. Joanne from 123 just sent her to me last week, and since she arrived at my house I have really been obsessing about stitching her. Soon. I have already been through my stash and found some of the floss required, and I'm debating with myself about the fabric. I was planning to stitch her when I finish JOF (at the earliest that would be a 2011 start), but she would look so very nice as a companion piece to my L&L Angel of Love this Christmas. I already have incorporated her into my 2009 Christmas decorating plan. Isn't that pathetic! Well, I am what I am - an obsessive Christmasophile.
The question is: Should I stitch her now (and give into my obsession) or be sensible and stick to my original plan to stitch her when I finish JOF. I've always been a one-at-a-time stitcher for my major projects, and I do tend to want to finish projects as quickly as I can (for me the joy is in the finishing, rather than the actual stitching - I learned that this year). The jury's still out. In the meantime, I might just order the extra floss and fabric I need - just in case ...





3 comments:

Wendy said...

This is a very lovely design.

I don't know. I should start her now and switch between this one and JOF;)

Mel said...

Great design!
I would flip a coin and let fate decide. ;)

Cindy F. said...

Elfie...You do just whatever tugs at you the most:)