Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

My WIP progress

Right now I still have just the one WIP - and I'm hoping to finish page 7 before I start my second project (L&L's Angel of Hope) on Monday. I have a little over a quarter of the page to stitch, so I don't think that's unreasonable.

I'm expecting the floss I ordered for the Angel to arrive tomorrow, and as soon as it does I'll start to kit up the project. I'm very hopeful that the fabric I found in my stash will suit the floss. Two of the floss shades called for in the chart have actually now been discontinued, so I'll have to find substitutes. And I'm going to have a good look at the chart to see if I can incorporate some beads, as they look so good on the Angel of Love. I think I'll do the gold hem edgeing in beads instead of gold floss, and although I haven't really looked at the chart yet to see if it's an option, I have a desire to substitute beads for stitches on the flounce trim in the lower part of the skirt. I'll think about it anyway.

No comments: