Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Monday, July 2, 2012

WIPocalypse Report for July

Wow - another month gone!  This year has just been slipping away far too quickly for my liking.  June was a good stitching month for me - a major finish (my HAED Jolly Old Fellow started in January 2009).  I credit the WIPocalypse with providing the motivation to actually finish JOF this year.  Left to my own devices I probably would have stitched the 10 pages I promised myself I would stitch this year and then  moved on to start another stitchy project.  So, big thanks to Measi for organising this WIPocalypse. 

This was my Jolly Old Fellow at the beginning of 2012:
 and here he is now (finished!):
JOF's details (designer etc)  are in the panel at right.

I also stitched and finished this ornament:
Santa design  is from the Faces of Santa Afghan design in LA's Christmas Keepsakes book (1990).  Although not credited directly, I believe the designer to be Carol Emmer.

And I have stitched but not yet finished this tiny stocking ornament:
Santa adapted from Kooler Design Studio's Littlest Stockings design (charted for plastic canvas) in LA Christmas Ornaments booklet (2003)


In July I plan to make several more Christmas ornaments - not all of them Santas.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a wonderful finish =)
I can't believe how much stitching you did on him this year - do have time for sleeping at all? ;-)
Great stitching =)

Chris said...

Wow thats fantastic

Chris

Jan said...

Congratulations! That is a big accomplishment. It looks wonderful.

Lea said...

Congratulations! Terrific progress.

Marcy said...

Santa looks super! congrats on a great finish.

Grit said...

Der Weihnachtsmann ist ein Traum. Wunderschöne Stickerei.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Faith... said...

Congratulations! He looks wonderful!

Your ornament looks good too

robindefender said...

Santa is gorgeous! Congrats on your finish!