Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The last of the Dining Room Christmas pics

This wall of the dining room is one of my favourite places at Christmas.  It houses my Santa Advent tree.  Everyday i turn over one of the stars to show a Santa, and when all the Santas are there on the tree I know it's Christmas Eve - and my favourite time of the year is coming to an end!  My Jim Shore Santas also live on the buffet at this time of the year.  On the wall above is an incredibly detailed Santa I started stitching in 1992 and finally finished in 1997.  Had I known about evenweave fabric at the time I started it, ny labour would have been less, as I stitched it on 18 count Aida, and it is chock-full of fractionals and blended threads.  The two Santa masks on the wall came home from a trip to San Francisco in 1994.

This is a wider view, so you can see my ugliest Santa standing to the right of the buffet.  I stil love him despite his fearsome look!  On the other side of the buffet you can just see (if you click on the pic and see the large version!) the top of one of my favourite Santas - a painted post I found in Carmel in California on my 1994 trip to USA.

 
 
 And here's a close-up of the Santa Advent tree.  This pic was obviously taken on December 5.

No comments: