Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My first 'finish' for 2013

Just in time for the wedding (tomorrow), I have  put in the final stitches in my niece's Wedding Sampler.  I rather heavily adapted the design from Rosewood Manor's Baltimore Heart Wedding Sampler.  I omitted the outer two borders, changed the remaining border completely, changed the pink floss colours to purple shades, changed the central message completely, and made changes to the design of the large flowers.

I've tried to load a pic of the finished project, but so far no luck.  I did manage to put a pic on the sidebar in the 'My Latest Finish' section. 

I am really looking forward to my niece's wedding tomorrow.  They are such a lovely couple.  My niece Aislinn has made all the flowers for the bridal party using origami, buttons, ribbon and tulle.  I saw the completed bouquets today, and they are just amazing. She is having four attendants - her sister as the bridesmaid, two pre-teen nieces as miniature bridesmaids, and another younger niece as flowergirl. The children are so excited to be in the wedding party.  My sister is really enjoying being the Mother of the Bride - even if it did involve helping to assemble flowers for the origami bouquets!  Tonight she has both her girls home with her, which is so special, as both girls moved out of home many years ago, and Ciara now lives in Perth - way on the other side of this big country.  She and her fiance have come across for the wedding.  And in March next year we will all be trekking across to Perth for Ciara and Johnny's wedding. 

3 comments:

Anne said...

Lovely finish! Congrats on getting it done on time! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely wedding sampler.
There's an issue loading photos if you use Internet Explorer, switch to Google Chrome or some other browser and it works fine. The techies are working on it apparently.
Enjoy the wedding!

Bronwyn said...

Love the colours- great finish!