Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Back again - its been a while

It's quite some time since I updated my blog.  There's been no stitching progress to speak of in the intervening months.  This is most unusual for me, it must be years since I've had such a stitching slump.  I have stitched two ornaments that have been waiting to be made up for some months now.  This week  I have started stitching another ornament, but progress is slow. I do need to get stitching again, as I still have a lot of ornaments on my stitching list.  I plan to finish stitching the current ornament this month, and also make up the three ornaments. 

I took this photo in my front garden at 1am this morning.  It's a tawny frogmouth, and I was so pleased to see him, as he was hit by a car several months ago and returned to health by the local wildlife carers.  I had been watching out for him but this was the first time I got a clear view of him.  He seemed to be posing for me.  He waited while I got Maddie inside (she was out for her last toileting before bed) and found my camera, then sat there while I took several photos.

 

And, just so she doesn't get jealous, here's a recent photo of Maddie, doing what she does best - sleeping in her basket.
 and here she is just thinking about getting up for a drink of water.
 
That's all for now.  I should be back before the end of the month with stitching pics to show.

5 comments:

stitchersanon said...

Lovely piccies of the owl. I'm sure she is indeed posing for you!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! I'm so glad you posted, as I was wondering about you several times, and hoping all was well.

Hugs!

Bronwyn said...

Love Tawny Frogmouths. Hope you can feel like stitching soon

Grannyma said...

Hi It is great to see you back stitching again. I love the owl. I hope it is a good omen for you. M

Gabi said...

Wow, wonderful pics of the owl.
And Maddie..... cute!
Greetings from Germany