Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, October 16, 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness Report for October

I have made good progress in the past month.  I have finished all my 2016 Christmas ornaments (all destined to be Christmas gifts), and I have made a start on another gift - a name sampler for a new family member - a baby boy born in New York to Aussie parents.  I'm half-way through baby's name. Here's my progress so far:

Stitched with 2 strands of floss over 1 on 20 count blue fabric.  
The charts are from Allura's Australian Alphabet. I used the DMC conversion,
 but changed the letter colours, as I wanted all the letters to be the same colour. 
I added the name of the fauna.

I haven't repeated the ornie photos here, as they are very close - in my previous post.

13 comments:

Brigitte said...

Great new start, Elfie. And a very interesting alphabet that I have never seen before.

Elfin Stitches (Lynne in Australia) said...

It's an Aussie classic, Brigitte. I've had my copy of the book it's in for well over 25 yrs but it's the first time I have stitched any of the letters.

Elfin Stitches (Lynne in Australia) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Le trame della Galaverna said...

So lovely project

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. And congratulations on winning a prize too!
Great name plate, I am guessing Jude for the boy's name. Or maybe Dude LOL

Elfin Stitches (Lynne in Australia) said...

Jude it is!

Elfin Stitches (Lynne in Australia) said...

Jude it is!

Mini said...

The alphabets look so beautiful.
Did you say you have finished ornaments for 2016 or 2015? Wow you are fast.

Elfin Stitches (Lynne in Australia) said...

I could have said anything, but I meant 2015!

Elfin Stitches (Lynne in Australia) said...

I could have said anything, but I meant 2015!

Stitching Noni said...

Oh my goodness I have that book.... and I have never stitched a thing from it!!!
You are not going to believe me but I actually pulled it off my bookcase in the craft room on Sunday and looked through it for something to stitch.... how strange is this for me to now come to your blog today and see that you stitching from it! (I think I have had the book for at least 25 years as well!!)
Can't wait to see Jude's gift all finished :o)
Hugs xx

Julie said...

A lovely alphabet you have chosen, its very lovely.

jocondine said...

Great alphabet, perfect relief and I do love grey colors. Hugs