Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Smalls SAL - February Report

This month, I stitched two small designs, and made them up into Christmas ornaments for a great-niece and a great-nephew (first cousins).


Both of these designs are oldies but goodies.  The toy soldier is from Barbara Mock's 1990 Christmas Quickies (Dimensions #175), and the stocking design is adapted from LA's 1986 Christmas Caboodle #4 leaflet.  I changed most of the floss colours on both, and the stocking pattern and contents.  I did enjoy stitching these little ornaments (to be truthful, I almost always do like stitching Christmas ornaments!).

14 comments:

Julie said...

Always a pleasure to visit here and see what you have stitched for your family members, these are beautiful.

Sarah said...

So cute!

Unknown said...

Love these two ornaments. You ornaments are made with so much love I can just tell. Those oldies but cuties are often the very best.

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Congratulations they are beautiful

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on your latest two ornies. I do like the way you finish each one. They really indentify them as "your work"!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finishes Elfie.

Linda

Unknown said...

They are beautiful.

Rachel said...

Lovely little ornaments you have chosen this month. It just goes to show that charts from 20+ years ago still have their uses! :)

Irmeli said...

Such a pretty ornaments, beaded edge looks wonderful.

Sheryl said...

Two lovely ornaments, beautifully finished.

ANGIE said...

Hi Elfie, your finishes are very lovely! Happy stitching!

Heather said...

These are absolutely adorable, and you did a wonderful job finishing them! Way to go!

Amy said...

Wow, those look great!

Amy said...

Wow, those look great!