Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Friday, September 28, 2018

Smalls Report for September

I'm sorry to report that there has not been much stitching in my house this month. In the early part of the month I was focused on accepting the surprise breast cancer diagnosis. It was picked up at a routine mammogram - not even a lump to warn me that it was imminent. Then surgery, and for the last three weeks I have been carting around two sealed unit drainage bottles. So, cross stitch slipped down my priority list for a while! 

Nevertheless, here is my Smalls report for September.  The Smalls SAL is hosted bycHeather at Stitching Lotus.  I have stitched one more Baby's First Christmas ornament, post-dated as the recipient is now 4 years old. I have  stitched an ornament for her each year, but only this year did I discover she is an 'Annabel' not an 'Annabelle', which is what I had stitched each year on her Christmas ornament. So I decided she should have a BFC ornament with her correctly spelled name. On the  back I will stitch all her names and her date of birth. The teddy is (once again) the DMC on-line freebie chart, but I did change the facial features, as well as all the floss colours. I will be adding some tiny buttons and/or beads to the corners and sides of this ornament before I make it up.


 I have also finished all the letters on my 1 year old great-nephew's name sampler. I am using a shoe-horn to count each one as a 'smalls' finish. This dinosaur alphabet is by Claire Compton, and I found it in a UK hardcover book aptly titled 'Cross Stitch Alphabets' published in 2003. I swapped some of the dinosaurs, changed some letter colours, and added a bottom row of stitching to the 'Y's.


So, that ends my Smalls Report for the month of September. I am looking forward to checking out all the Smalls stitching reported this month.






10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I am glad that they moved quickly on your treatment, even though it was such a shock.

Stitching the names on anything is always the most nerve wracking part! Especially when people chose unusual spellings.

My great niece is Isabelle. Her mother originally wanted to spell it Isabell. Two Ls and no E. Everyone said it's either one L or two Ls and an E or the poor child will spend her whole life correcting people!

rosey175 said...

I have an oddball name; my husband has an oddball name; last name is an oddball name! I think name corrections are a part of life haha.

Understandable that stitching took a back seat! Glad treatment went very quickly for you and that you keep on doing spectacular~

Julie said...

My granddaughter is an Isabelle, its always spelled differently by people.
I'm so pleased your treatment was given quickly, wishing you a speedy full recovery.
love and blessings.

Rachel said...

So sorry to hear your news. It just goes to show that 'routine' appointments should not be missed. I am sending hugs from the UK and hope the operations were successful. :)

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but glad that it's being taking care of quickly. Will you have to do chemo too?
I'm happy to hear you've been able to do some stitching, your finished pieces look great!

Mary's Thread said...

The baby stitch is SO sweet and my own 3 yr old would LOVE the dinosaur alphabet! It is a really nice one! I am so sorry to hear your bad news and I wish you as quick a recovery as possible. Take care and be well!

Elfie said...

Chemo's not in the plan at this stage. Just 6 weeks of daily (Mon thru Fri) radiation therapy, but that is still at least a month away.

Mary said...

I am sorry for your news and I will keep you in my thoughts. Your finishes are very beautiful.

Pamela said...

Great stitching. The bear ornament is very cute. Good wishes for your recovery!

Bethan said...

I am so sorry about your diagnosis, but very pleased that they have got your treatment going quickly (as I'm sure you are too!). I love the dinosaur alphabet! x