Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Smalls SAL Report for March


I missed last month's Smalls report, so I am pleased to be organised for this one. The Smalls SAL is hosted by Mary at Mary's Thread.  All my stitching so far this year has been on small projects - all Christmas ornaments.  This is a group photo of my latest batch of finished ornaments.



I have made four personalised Christmas trees for a sister, two nieces, and a friend. I took inspiration from two different charts (a Barbara Mock design and a Dale Burdett design) for these, but I doubt any designer would wish to claim my trees. 






I stitched a special blue tree for a nephew and his partner, adapted from a Pat Waters design. The recipients are not really into Christmas, but they do like the colour blue.




Two more beaded Christmas trees  my own designs. These are headed for my take-home gift basket for Christmas visitors.





A Barbara Mock angel for my second sister, who has a special fondness for angels.



Barbara Mock gingerbread babies for a young greatniece.



The Need'l Love Company's Heart wreaths (Hollyberry Noel) with minor changes for two nieces.





Beaded wreaths for a greatniece and greatnephew. These are my own design.




Finished too late to be included in the group photo, this ornament is for my oldest niece, and includes the message section of Susan Greening Davis's 'Memories' ornament published in the 2015 JCS Christmas Ornament Issue.



That makes a total of 56 Christmas ornaments stitched amd finished so far this year. Just 12 more to go. 


That completes my Smalls report for this month.  I will be popping in to see all the projects stitched by other Smalls SAL participants.

















10 comments:

Rachel said...

Another gorgeous selection of Christmas ornaments. Out of curiosity, have you any idea how many beads you get through in a year?!! :)

Elfie said...

Way too many! I can recall very tentatively buying my first string of tiny gold coloured beads in 1998, not sure at all about whether the beads would look OK on the cross stitch wreath I was stitching. Today I have 50 different types of beads and 20 different stars in my stash. I'm a beadaholic!

Mary said...

They are all so beautiful and I love all the beading you do.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your ornies look great. I think the new wreaths are going to be very popular this Christmas.

Faith... said...

You certainly stitched a lot of ornaments this year! I love them all!! I really like the personalized ones. Congrats on all the beautiful stitching.

Mary's Thread said...

Your friends and families must be blessed by the most magnificent and wonderful Christmas trees thanks to your generous ornament giving! I really love Christmas ornaments and yours are just precious.

Pamela said...

Wow! I'm impressed with how many you have stitched and finished! Very well done!

Julie said...

A busy smalls month, so many pretty ones.

Astrids dragon said...

More wonderful ornaments! I love your trees and how you personalized them. Of course they others look great too.
Only six more? What will you do after that?

Wilma said...

Great work. I see your updates on our weekly Wednesday shares on Wilhelmina's facebook!