Come visit with me as I stitch and craft my way from one Christmas to the next - I like to have Christmas projects close by me all year. I have a particular fondness for Santas and Angels. If you have the time, leave a comment so I know you've visited.

Saturday, August 8, 2020

Summer Blog Hop - Stitching Friends

Please be kind when reading my post. I am just at the end of a caravan trip through outback NSW and Queensland. I have only my mobile phone with me. Usually I can do a blog post on the phone with no problem. Horror of horrors, when I got onto my blog I didn't recognise it. It must have updated. All the soothing words have been replaced by icons that mean nothing to me. I have no idea how to put in links, for a start. Help! 

Jo at Serendipitous Stitching is hosting this Stitching Friends Blog Hop.

My stitching friend is a very busy crafter, with many years of stitching experience. As well as cross stitch, she likes quilting and knitting. Unlike me (I can cope with just one project at a time), she has a number of gorgeous projects on the go.  Again unlike me, she is not particularly fond of Christmas stitching, but she does like stitching Halloween projects, and she seems to be likely to choose band samplers and quaker-style charts. She stitches lovely gifts for her family.  She likes working specialty stitches, and  stitching with silks.  

I wish I was able to put up a pic of a project I think she would like, but I have a steep learning curve to master before I can do that. A chart I think she might like is Lila's Studio's Halloween Quaker. I found it on the 123stitch site.

 

 My stitching friend is Sandy 

http://stitchinginsunnycal.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

RONI said...

Well done on getting anything through on your phone!! I had to prep my potst before going away, as the mobile interaction feels like hard work, so I wanted to just be able to push the button. Great read, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience of my first ever blog hop!!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I don't think I have come across Sandy's blog so thank you for the link.
I've only used my mobile once to post a blog update which I immediately deleted. It looked a mess as I couldn't edit my photos.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great work with the blog, I'm at home and it threw me with the changes. I haven't met Sandy before, thank you for the I production, happy holiday :-)

Tiffstitch said...

Oh no! I'm sorry the technology is throwing you off, great choice! Enjoy your trip!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Summer Blog Hop despite your technology issues! I know the sampler you have recommended and I love that one! Good choice.

Sandy said...

Thank-you for doing my blog, look forward to seeing what you are working on, and maybe at a later date post something that you think I'd like. I'm always up for being enabled to a new chart(s). Sandy

Astrids dragon said...

Even with a laptop it's a mess to post anything!
Sandy definitely has some beautiful stitching and I love the design you chose for her.